Your monthly rent payment is most likely the largest payment that you make each month. If you're spending time writing a check, putting it in an envelope, putting a stamp on it and then going to the post office every month, stop doing that and start taking advantage of online payment options. There are a lot of benefits these days in paying your rent online for both you and your landlord.
1. Pay online and build your credit with credit reporting. If you’re paying your rent on time every month, that can make a huge impact on your credit score. You want to take advantage of that if you can.
2. Reduce stress with automated recurring payments to make sure you’re always paying on time. Online payment solutions offer convenient reminders via email and text, as well as auto pay. Set it and forget it and never be late again.
3. Reduce the chance of check fraud and theft. Checks have most of your personal information printed on them, which makes it easy for someone who wants to take your money. Using online bill pay reduces your paper trail and the risk of your actual check or the information on your check from being stolen.
4. Increase visibility to your payment history. One of the best benefits of paying online is the transparency and easy access to your payment history. You can log in at any time to see your current itemized invoice and record of your payments in real time. It could be useful to you to be able to access this information, day or night, if needed.
5. Accommodate your active lifestyle with mobile payment options. Let’s say you’re out and about and you receive a text reminder. Simple! It will only take a couple of minutes to pay online via a mobile friendly website or payment app.